Pratham was founded in 1995, to provide pre-school education to children in the slums of Mumbai. Over the last 20 years Pratham has grown to be one of India’s largest NGOs working to provide quality education to underprivileged youth and children in over 21 states and union territories across the country, with a range of interventions. Pratham is a widely recognized organization, having received notable awards such as the WISE Prize for Innovation, Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, the Henry R Kravis Prize in Leadership and the CNN-IBN Indian of the Year for Public Service. For more details, refer to www.pratham.org
Pratham is a widely recognized organization, having received notable awards such as the WISE Prize for Innovation, Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, the Henry R Kravis Prize in Leadership and
the CNN-IBN Indian of the Year for Public Service. For more details, refer to www.pratham.org
The Hybrid Learning Program
Pratham’s H-Learning also known as The Hybrid Learning Project is a community driven, digitallyaided intervention currently running in approximately 1000 villages of Maharashtra, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh reaching out to over 60,000 students with 6000 tablets. The Hybrid learning program involves getting children in the age group 10-14 in a village to form their own groups of 5-6 each and enabling them to co-create a learning space within their community.
Research Associate – Job Description
The Research Associate position in the Hybrid Learning Team offers young, motivated, energetic people the opportunity to be an integral part of Pratham’s work across the country. We are looking for people who love answering questions using data. The posting will impart a comprehensive grasp of field issues of data, technology and most importantly education in India.
- The associate will be required to gather and work on both qualitative and quantitative data
- This will be a part of a team that will design, pilot and finalize research instruments (survey questionnaires and other items) based on project goals and indicators.
- The Associate will create processes and training manuals on survey methodology.
- Monitoring of data collection and managing teams in the field.
- Cleaning and analyzing data.
Desired Qualifications and Experience
A Minimum Graduate Degree in any field.
- Technical Skills: MS Excel, Tableau, Python/ R/ Stata, Power BI,SQL
- Work Experience: Minimum 2 years’ work experience handling visualizing and mining data.
- Willingness to travel regularly and extensively in rural areas of India, with limited amenities
- Ability to build rapport with people from various different academic, socio-economic and cultural backgrounds
- Ability to communicate in Hindi
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Ability to work well in teams
- Self-motivation and pro-activeness
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks efficiently
Good to have skills:
- Statistical modelling
- Experience with Logistic Regression, Decision Tree, Naive Bayes, K-means, Random forest or other ML algorithms
Send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org (early applicants will be given preference) and mention ‘Application for the position of Research Associate – H-Learning Program’ in the subject line, with the following attachments:
- Current Résumé: Résumé should contain:
- Contact Information for Applicant
- Academic Background, universities attended/degrees acquired
- Academic Record (Marks or GPA)
- Past work experience, highlighting relevant skills
- Experiences in development, and/or education (if applicable)
- Languages Spoken
2. Statement of Purpose (300 words)