Pratham was founded in 1995, to provide pre-school education to children in Mumbai slums. Over the last 25 years Pratham has grown to be one of the largest non-profit organizations working to provide quality education to children and youth in over 20 states and union territories across the country, through a range of interventions.
Pratham is a widely recognized organization, having received notable awards such as the Lui Che Woo Prize, WISE Prize for Innovation, Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, the Henry R Kravis Prize in Leadership and the CNN- IBN Indian of the Year for Public Service. For more details, refer to www.pratham.org
Pratham’s Programs in the Northeast
The Northeast team is in the process of being set up to help expand Pratham’s programs across the Northeast. So far, the majority of Pratham’s work in the Northeast has focused on implementing programs in Assam. Pratham has been operational in Assam since 2007 and is currently working across 13 districts, reaching out to more than 40,000 children per year. We are now keen to expand operations beyond Assam by collaborating with local organizations and government systems in the rest of the Northeast.
About the Role
As a part of Pratham’s Northeast team, you will work closely with a range of stakeholders: Pratham leadership team in Assam, potential donors, representatives from local organizations and district and state government officials. This role will provide the opportunity to support Pratham’s expansion in the Northeast, where we expect you to:
- Create proposals and concept notes (for donors, local organizations and government) for potential and existing partnerships
- Support with donor management (for donors supporting work in the Northeast) and be responsible for creating regular reports on the progress of the project
- Engage in periodic conversations with the donor on program updates and future planning
- Track implementation in close coordination with the program team and provide regular updates to the leadership on progress, insights, opportunities, and areas for course correction.
- Support with creation of content packages for the Northeast
- Act as a Master Trainer for trainings when required
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- 1-3 years prior work experience in a similar role in private sector firms, NGOs or foundations.
- Willingness to travel regularly and extensively in rural areas of India, with limited amenities.
- Ability to build rapport with people from various different academic, socio-economic and cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Hindi
- Ability to work well in teams and on tasks ranging from simple to complex.
- Ability to adapt to dynamic contexts and scenarios.
- Self-motivation and pro-activeness
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks efficiently.
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Ability to take initiative to support processes in an unstructured or ambiguous environment.
- Keeping oneself constantly updated on the broader educational context in the Northeast
- Willingness to commit to at least 3-4 years of work with Pratham.
Location & Compensation
The applicant should be willing to move to Guwahati. Salary will be commensurate with qualification and experience.
To apply, write to email@example.com with ‘Application for Northeast Program Associate ’ in the subject line, and attach your CV and a Statement of Purpose (in less than 500 words) detailing your suitability for this role. Please apply by 15th September 2023. We may not be able to respond to all applicants. The current resume should include:
- Contact Information for Applicant
- Academic Background
- Universities Attended, Degrees Acquired
- Academic Record
- Past work experience, highlighting relevant skills
- Relevant Coursework: List Courses in Development, Management, and Education
- Experiences in development, teaching and/or education (if applicable)
- Languages Spoken
- Exposure to the non-profit sector through previous experience or otherwise.
- Coursework in international development or management.
- Experience living and working in a developing country