Pratham was founded in 1995, to provide pre-school education to children in Mumbai slums. Over the last 20 years Pratham has grown to be India’s largest NGO working to provide quality education to underprivileged youth and children in over 20 states across the country, with a range of interventions.
Pratham is a widely recognized organization, having received notable awards such as the WISE Prize for Innovation, Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, the Henry R Kravis Prize in Leadership, the CNN IBN Indian of the Year for Public Service, and the Yidan Prize for Education. For more details, refer to www.pratham.org
About Program specific
Supporting in overall program implementation based on the data analysis, regular field visits, understanding various technological, technical and crucial aspects of implementation of the programs for all the SCP states. Supporting in coordinating and planning assigned the centrally lead tasks.
- Support program teams in strengthening implementation such that gaps are addressed and mitigated
- Assess effectiveness of Pratham’s teaching methodology in the state/region
- Track quantitative/operational program data over time
- Ensuring effective coordination amongst the content team – Monitoring, Measurement and Evaluation- Program operations associate – State coordinators-Program management groups- Learning for life team – PWG Content Coordinator- in order to achieve smooth functioning and following the timeline of the program.
- Train program staff on documenting case studies, program reporting and maintaining timely program records.
- Assist in state program planning and creation of budgets.
- Track progress of various components of the program with regards to implementation, review, etc.
- Support in Second Chance Program Layering with other programs of Pratham
- Supporting in documentation, preparing case studies and reporting for the Second Chance Program and initiatives under the program like Remote SCP, Handy skills, Pratham Girls and Women clubs, supporting and tracking alumni related activities.
- Manage all program communication information including periodic updates and working on Annual report for Second Chance Program as part of Annual Report
Qualification & Skills Required
- 1 – 2 years of work experience
- Willingness to travel regularly and extensively in rural areas of India, with limited amenities
- Ability to build rapport with people from various different academic, socio-economic and cultural backgrounds
- Ability to communicate, both verbally and in written, in Hindi.
- Fluency and excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Strong technological skills. Up to date with contemporary and modern advancements relevant to Program activities.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Good academic track record
- Ability to work well in teams
- Self-motivation and pro-activeness to drive processes and reviews
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks efficiently
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Keenness to keep oneself constantly updated on the broader educational context in assigned States and in India
- Willingness to commit to 2-3 years of work with Pratham
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email us your CV at email@example.com and mention ‘Application for the position of ‘Program Associate, Second Chance Program’ in the subject line by 30 September 2023.