Pratham Education Foundation (Pratham) is an innovative learning organization with a mission of “every child in school and learning well”. More than twenty years ago, Pratham’s work began with pre-schools in the urban slums of Mumbai. Today Pratham has grown both in scope and geographical coverage. Currently, Pratham has activities in 23 states and UTs and implements programs that include activities for pre-school and elementary school age groups, dropout girls and women as well as vocational skilling programs for youth. As one of the largest non-governmental organizations in the country, Pratham focuses on high-quality, low-cost, and replicable interventions to address gaps in the education system.
The mission to improve the quality of education in India and ensure that all children not only attend but also thrive in school is being accomplished by working in collaboration with the government, local communities, parents, teachers, volunteers, and civil society members. Our programs aim to supplement rather than replace governmental efforts. They are implemented on a large scale to not only reach as many children as possible, but also to enable an adoptable demonstration model for governments and other partners. For more details, refer to www.pratham.org
About Pratham Digital
Pratham started its digital intervention in 2015 with the Hybrid Learning Programme in about 1000 villages all over India. This was followed by the YouthNet Programme in 2020 in 20,000+ communities for youth from the areas served by the 100+ Pratham Vocational and Youth Training Centres across India. This was done to scale up the learnings from the Hybrid Learning Program.
YouthNet is an education and mentorship-based program that provides learning opportunities to youth aged between 14-25 years in the domains of School, Life, and Work. The digital learning material (videos, reading material, games, and assessments) created under the Digital Initiative for different age groups is available on the website – prathamopenschool.org and other platforms in 14 Indian Regional Languages and English.
Currently, Pratham is implementing 'Pratham Creativity Club', an innovative program that aims to expose children and youth to different aspects of creativity and encourage them to explore and express their creative selves through the means of art, music, science and more.
As an Intern, you will primarily be responsible for conducting art or maths workshops for children aged 10 to 14 years You will receive training from our team on how to effectively conduct these workshops and engage with the children. The position is open to college students or working professionals who can spare time during weekends.
Team: Creativity Club program team
Location: Hybrid (remote+on site- Bhopal, Vidisha, Kanpur, Gaya, Raipur, Ralegaon, Ahmednagar, Kurud Dhamtari)
Number of vacancies: 4-5
Duration: 30 days’ commitment required
Compensation: Certificate of completion
Deadline: 10th September 2023 (applications will be processed on a rolling basis)
- Assisting central team members in designing and conducting workshops (in-person at different locations)
- Engage with the children, provide guidance, and encourage their creativity during the workshops.
- Create a positive and inclusive environment for the children, fostering their personal and artistic growth.
- Collaborate with other interns and team members to plan and organize workshop logistics.
- Maintain accurate records and documentation related to the workshops.
- Reviewing and grading the creatives submitted by youth and children
- Provide a post-workshop report
- Must be a college student or working professional who can commit to a minimum period of [specify duration] as an intern.
- Proficiency in Marathi language (verbal and written) is essential (only for ArtShaala, MH)
- Prior experience conducting workshops or working with children is preferred, but not mandatory.
- Training in Visual Arts or design is preferred, but not mandatory.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Creativity and ability to develop engaging workshop activities.
- Availability to work during weekends and travel to rural spaces for workshop sessions
You will get
- Gain hands-on experience in conducting art workshops and working with children.
- Training and guidance provided by our experienced team.
- Certificate of completion and letter of recommendation based on performance.
To apply for the position, kindly fill out the application form.