Pratham Education Foundation (Pratham) is an innovative learning organization with a mission of “every child in school and learning well”. More than twenty years ago, Pratham’s work began with pre-schools in the urban slums of Mumbai. Today Pratham has grown both in scope and geographical coverage. Currently, Pratham has activities in 23 states and UTs and implements programs that include activities for pre-school and elementary school age groups, dropout girls and women as well as vocational skilling programs for youth. As one of the largest non-governmental organizations in the country, Pratham focuses on high-quality, low-cost, and replicable interventions to address gaps in the education system.
The mission to improve the quality of education in India and ensure that all children not only attend but also thrive in school is being accomplished by working in collaboration with the government, local communities, parents, teachers, volunteers, and civil society members. Our programs aim to supplement rather than replace governmental efforts. They are implemented on a large scale to not only reach as many children as possible, but also to enable an adoptable demonstration model for governments and other partners. For more details, refer to www.pratham.org
About Pratham Digital
Pratham started its digital intervention in 2015 with the Hybrid Learning Programme in about 1000 villages all over India. This was followed by the YouthNet Programme in 2020 in 20,000+ communities for youth from the areas served by the 100+ Pratham Vocational and Youth Training Centres across India. This was done to scale up the learnings from the Hybrid Learning Program.
YouthNet is an education and mentorship-based program that provides learning opportunities to youth aged between 14-25 years in the domains of School, Life, and Work. The digital learning material (videos, reading material, games, and assessments) created under the Digital Initiative for different age groups is available on the website – prathamopenschool.org and other platforms in 14 Indian Regional Languages and English.
Team: Creativity Club program team
Position: Creativity Club intern
Number of vacancies: 5
Duration: 30 days’ commitment required
Compensation: Certificate of completion
Deadline: 10 September 2023 (applications will be processed on a rolling basis)
- Review and assess submissions, such as artworks, or projects, based on predefined guidelines and criteria.
- Ensure that submissions are evaluated consistently and fairly, maintaining a high standard of objectivity and accuracy throughout the grading process.
- Evaluate submissions according to established criteria, checking for compliance with guidelines, quality of work, and adherence to specific project requirements.
- Maintain accurate records of grading scores, feedback, and other relevant data using appropriate tools or systems.
- Summarize feedback and evaluation remarks in a clear and concise manner for submission to relevant stakeholders.
- Miscellaneous day-to-day communications or administrative tasks.
- Currently enrolled in a relevant academic program or recently graduated.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to maintain accuracy while reviewing submissions.
- Effective organizational skills to manage and record evaluation data.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in using digital tools for data recording and communication.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Enthusiasm for learning and contributing to a creative and diverse environment.
- Familiarity with the music, art, science, maths or plastic literacy is desirable
- Canva (or any other graphic designing tool)
- Basic video editing (preferred but not mandatory)
- Social media management
- Content writing
- WordPress (preferred but not mandatory)
To apply for the position, kindly fill out the application form.