Pratham was founded in 1995, to provide pre-school education to children in Mumbai slums. Over the last 25 years, Pratham has grown to be one of the largest non-profit organizations working to provide quality education to children and youth in over 20 states and union territories across the country, through a range of interventions.
Pratham is a widely recognized organization, having received notable awards such as the Lui Che Woo Prize, WISE Prize for Innovation, Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, the Henry R Kravis Prize in Leadership and the CNN- IBN Indian of the Year for Public Service. For more details, refer to www.pratham.org.
About Second Chance Program
The Second Chance program is a year long intervention which aims to help dropouts, especially girls and women, restart their education and complete secondary schooling. The program provides academic support to learners to help them prepare and appear for the Grade 10 examination through Open Schooling Institutions or State Education Boards; learners also get exposure to life skills and similar co-scholastic modules which can enhance their skillset and help in their personal and professional journey. Started in 2011, the program has been operational across 9 States in India and has reached more than 35,000 girls and women. The program is headed by a core team which is based across Ahmedabad, Delhi, and Mumbai.
Job Description: Associate, Second Chance Program
The position of Associate in the Second Chance program allows a chance to offers young, motivated, energetic people the opportunity to be an integral part of the Second Chance program across the country. The Associate is a key person in the program who is responsible for closely supporting and facilitating the implementation of the program. The major responsibilities and tasks will involve the following:
- Co-developing annual workplan with the Program Head and closely monitoring and ensuring execution of the workplan across all program locations
- Working with State team to oversee implementation of all program activities and work with central team to design, plan and manage all centrally led activities like trainings/workshops; this involves extensive program visits to all States where the program is operational
- Working with different units in Pratham like the Content unit, Measurement unit, Digital unit, Program management unit, etc. for collaboration to strengthen scope of the program and ensure smooth coordination
- Supporting Program Head and Program Management Unit in tracking program budgets
- Develop or strengthen existing frameworks for program review for program as well as ensure troubleshooting support wherever needed
- Facilitate capacity building of different cadres with the program and working with HR and other relevant units in Pratham
- Support content and pedagogical framework in the program in close collaboration with Content team
- Developing strong documentation processes in the program and ensuring strong repository of media content from all States
- Documentation of key activities and processes in the program
Apart from the aforementioned responsibilities, the Associate will be expected to support any other tasks to ensure successful implementation of the program
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- 1-3 years prior work experience in a similar role in private sector firms, NGOs or foundations; preference will be given to candidates who have led on ground implementation of projects in rural geographies
- Willingness to travel regularly and extensively in rural areas of India, with limited amenities
- Ability to build rapport with people from various different academic, socio-economic and cultural backgrounds and work with teams of various sizes
- Ability to communicate, both verbally and in written, in Hindi; fluency in another regional Indian language is preferable
- Fluency and excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Excellent presentation skills and strong digital/technological skills; should be up to date with contemporary and modern advancements relevant to Program activities.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Good academic track record
- Self-motivation and pro-activeness to drive processes and reviews
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks efficiently
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Keenness to keep oneself constantly updated on the broader educational context in assigned States and in India
- Willingness to commit to 3-4 years of work with Pratham
The Associate will be reporting to the Second Chance Program Head and is expected to be based out of (or move to) Ahmedabad.
Application Process: If you are interested in this opportunity, please email us your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org and mention ‘Application for the position of ‘Associate, Second Chance Program’ in the subject line by 30 September 2023.