Pratham was founded in 1995, to provide pre-school education to children in Mumbai slums. Over the last 25 years, Pratham has grown in both scope and size to become one of the largest non-profit organizations working with children and youth across India.
Pratham is a widely recognized organization, having received notable awards such as the Lui Che Woo Prize, WISE Prize for Innovation, Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, the Henry R Kravis Prize in Leadership, and the CNN-IBN Indian of the Year for Public Service. For more details, refer to www.pratham.org.
Pratham Digital (PraDigi) focuses on building products and solutions at scale for low-resource communities. Pratham Digital also places a strong emphasis on monitoring and evaluation, ensuring that the impact of its programs can be measured and optimized. By leveraging data and analytics, we aim to continually improve its programs and ensure that they are effective in meeting the learning needs of the community. Additionally, Pratham Digital is creating AI tools to help learners, educators, and parents. These tools are based on the needs identified by Pratham practitioners and researchers. The primary goal is to bring Pratham’s expertise and research-based methods into the hands of learners, educators, and parents.
The research & analytics unit runs on a blend of rigorous primary and secondary research methods, allowing us to assist the ideation, design & implementation of innovative solutions at scale that can effectively adapt and cater to diverse geographies, meeting the growing demand for alternative learning approaches while ensuring equitable access to education.
- Responsible for developing research methodology, survey tools, evaluation metrics, standardized queries on SQL/R/Python and personalized dashboards on Power BI for use by various stakeholders.
- Developing data mining frameworks to convert longitudinal, digital data into understandable and actionable insights.
- Documentation of programs in the form of internal & donor reports, research papers, concept notes, and measurement frameworks for use by internal stakeholders, practitioners etc.
- Support on execution of large-scale AB tests, RCTs and experiments to determine product efficacy and inform programmatic decision making.
- Developing framework for overall project M&E. This would include designing process and output indicators, setting up the process of data collection.
Desired qualifications & experience
- We highly value practical experience, even if it is not in a professional capacity. Demonstrated working knowledge and the ability to apply academic training in practical contexts are considered highly desirable.
- Experienced candidates will be given preference. They are expected to demonstrate strong analytical skills with knowledge of relational databases and tools like SQL/MySQL/R/Python.
- Proactive and seamless communication across teams, leadership and partners from academia and business.
- Prior experience in writing reports, creating presentations, and publishing research papers is a strong plus.
- Solution-oriented with capacity for multi-project management.
Send the following to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org and mention ‘Application for the position of Associate / Data Analyst – Pratham Digital’ in the subject line, with the following attachments.
1. Current Resume: Resume should contain:
Contact Information for Applicant
i. Universities Attended, Degrees Acquired
ii. Academic Record (Marks or GPA, if applicable)
iii. Past work experience, highlighting relevant skills
iv. Relevant Coursework: List Courses in Research, Data science, Development, and Education
v. Experiences in development, teaching and/or education (if applicable)
vi. Languages Spoken
2. Statement of Purpose (500 words)
Early applicants will be given preference.