Pratham was founded in 1995, to provide pre-school education to children in Mumbai slums. Over the last 27 years, Pratham has grown to be one of the largest non-profit organizations working to provide quality education to children and youth in over 20 states and union territories across the country, through a range of interventions.
Pratham is a widely recognized organization, having received notable awards such as the Yidan Prize, Lui Che Woo Prize, WISE Prize for Innovation, Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, the Henry R Kravis Prize in Leadership, and the CNN-IBN Indian of the Year for Public Service. For more details, refer to www.pratham.org
About this role:
This position will hold responsibility for the overall program at state/project level. Detailed responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following broad areas:
● Locating or identifying potential placement partners in the region by discovering and exploring placement opportunities locally and regionally. Further building and maintaining regular contact with current and past employers.
● To have close liaison with the respective industry, to understand the upcoming trends and collect feedback about the training quality on an ongoing basis and share it with the Center Head and Academic team. Analyze available job market economic data and information. Research job market trends and requirements for a variety of occupations.
● Provide mentorship support to the trainees employed in the region, so as to help them settle in the new job environment. This includes conduction of pre-placement ‘Job induction’ sessions, on-going counseling, helping in finding accommodation, establishing social networks, resolving issues with employers, providing any other emergency support as required, etc.
● Coordination and organization of on-campus interviews.
● Tracking trainees for the complete period of their employment while maintaining complete data-set of trainees and ensuring timely reporting of the same while capturing the feedback of trainees and recruiters on an ongoing basis. This includes updating the Placement and Post-placement data in Salesforce and other platforms at relevant intervals.
● Develop and maintain a collaborative relationship especially with the center academic team and other center staff.
● Collection of documents from concerned entities like Offer letter, retention letter, etc.
● Capturing stories of successful trainees on an ongoing basis for Donor purposes and social media platforms.
● He/She supports other Center personnel in other respective Center tasks and engagement activities, as required, which may involve traveling.
● Consciously he/she should model himself/herself, as well as promote a workplace culture that is consistent with the official ‘Code of Conduct’ and emphasizes the mission, vision, guiding principles, and values of the organization.
● At all times he/she shall be conscious-of and promote ‘Gender Sensitivity’ and ‘Gender Equality’ in all means of communication ( like verbal, non-verbal, written, etc.) and actions, in official premises, on field or while interacting with trainees, staff, community stakeholders, Govt. organizations, other organizations or entities.
This position is required to report to the State / Program Head and Center Head.
Qualifications and Experience
Educational / Professional Qualifications:
● Minimum Qualification: Minimum Graduation (Preferably from the respective technical area)
● Experience Criteria: Candidates having an experience of 2 years , preferably in the Sales / Development / Business Development sector will be given preference.
● Age Criteria: Candidates must be between the age group of 25-40 years.
● Willingness to learn and adapt to a changing environment.
● Ability to listen patiently and be non-judgmental.
● Building trust-based relationships with the staff.
● Ability to build rapport with people and work well with diverse teams.
● Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
● Good training skills.
● Strong work ethic and attention to detail.
● Ability to organize, prioritize and work independently.
● Experience in a similar position/role will be an added advantage.
Pratham teams work in rural areas therefore willingness to travel with the state and to other Pratham offices for this position is essential
Location: Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh
Please send the CV to Arihant Jain (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Sachin Kambire (email@example.com). We will reach out to you to set up the application process. Due to the high volume of applications, we may not be able to respond to all applicants.
Resume should contain:
● Contact information for applicant
● Academic background
o Universities attended & degrees acquired
o Other academic record
● Past work experience if any, highlighting relevant skills
● Languages proficiency