Pratham was founded in 1995, to provide pre-school education to children in Mumbai slums. Over the last 27 years, Pratham has grown to be one of the largest non-profit organizations working to provide quality education to children and youth in over 20 states and union territories across the country, through a range of interventions.
Pratham is a widely recognized organization, having received notable awards such as the Yidan Prize, Lui Che Woo Prize, WISE Prize for Innovation, Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, the Henry R Kravis Prize in Leadership, and the CNN-IBN Indian of the Year for Public Service. For more details, refer to www.pratham.org
About the ENABLE Program
The National Education Policy (NEP) 2020 emphasizes the fundamental importance of universal foundational literacy and numeracy (FLN). But, children, especially those with special needs and disabilities, face significant barriers hindering their acquisition of foundational skills. In India, an estimated 7.8 million children and young individuals had disabilities in 2019. Alarmingly, a large proportion of them do not attend educational institutions, and 45% struggle to attain foundational literacy. ENABLE' or 'Equity in Accessing Numeracy And Basic Literacy Education', is a multi-pronged intervention to strengthen the quality of education for 3-9 year olds with disabilities. The 3 key objective of this program is to:
1.Strengthen Government's mainstream service delivery mechanism to ensure foundational learning outcomes for learners with disabilities (LwD)
2.Identify, address and overcome attitudinal barriers and stereotypes towards learners with disabilities in families and communities
3.Facilitate partnership between relevant government departments, civil society, private sector and communities in support for learners with disabilities
Program Manager plays a pivotal role in project planning, execution, coordination, monitoring, and reporting. They contribute to the successful execution of projects by assisting in the development of project plans, coordinating activities across teams, monitoring progress, and preparing reports for stakeholders. Their role ensures project alignment with objectives and facilitates effective communication.
Key responsibilities :
Project Management and Leadership –
- Ensure alignment with the project's goals and objectives for enhancing education for children with disabilities in the state.
- Work closely with the central project team to adapt and localise project plans to fit the specific needs and challenges in the state.
- Manage project resources, including budget, personnel, and materials.
- Ensure efficient and effective implementation of activities in the state.
- Identify potential risks and challenges that may hinder project success and develop strategies to mitigate these risks.
Capacity Building and Stakeholder Engagement –
- Provide leadership and guidance to the project team, fostering professional growth and skill development.
- Ensure that team members are well-trained and equipped to deliver project objectives.
Conduct training of various stakeholders for capacity building on inclusive education.
Reporting and Communication –
- Facilitate clear communication within the project team.
- Maintain communication with external stakeholders, sharing updates, achievements, and challenges.
Ensure timely reporting both within and outside the organisation.
Required Skills and Knowledge :
- Ability to develop and align strategies with the project's goals and objectives.
- Expertise in project planning and execution.
- Ability to lead and think strategically.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- The ability to collect and analyse data to deliver meaningful results.
- Team building and conflict resolution.
- Expertise in understanding of the education sector.
- Knowledge of an inclusive education landscape is preferable
- .Familiarity with relevant education policies and regulations, and the ability to provide guidance on policy development and implementation.
- Familiarity with project management softwares.
Research methods and data collection techniques.
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field (Education, Management, Social Work, Social Sciences, etc). Master`s degree is preferred.
- 3-5 years of program management or related experience.
- Willingness to promote innovation and adapt to change.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Ability to work collaboratively and independently, with a strong commitment to inclusivity and diversity.
Willingness to travel.
Working Location: Bhopal & Mumbai
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will reach out to you to set up the application process. To participate in the process, kindly submit the form available at https://forms.gle/Rnzh52x1cWCeTXxm7.
Your resume should contain –
- Contact information
- Academic background: Universities attended and degrees acquired with academic record (Marks or GPA, if applicable)
- Past work experience, highlighting relevant skills
Relevant Coursework: List Courses in Development, Management, and Education
- Experiences in development, teaching and/or education (if applicable)
- Interest areas/hobbies
- Languages spoken