About the Organization
Pratham Education Foundation (Pratham) is an innovative learning organization with a mission of “Every Child in School & Learning Well”. More than twenty years ago, Pratham’s work began with pre-schools in the urban slums of Mumbai. Today, Pratham has grown both in scope and geographical coverage. Currently, Pratham has activities in 23 states and UTs and implements programs that include activities for pre-school and elementary school age groups, dropout girls and women as well as vocational skilling programs for youth. As one of the largest non-governmental organizations in the country, Pratham focuses on high-quality, low-cost, and replicable interventions to address gaps in the education system as well as providing vocational skilling courses to the youth in the country. Our programs aim to supplement rather than replace governmental efforts. They are implemented on a large scale to not only reach as many children and youth as possible, but also, to enable an adoptable demonstration model for governments and other partners.
Pratham is dedicated to creating impactful visual content that raises awareness and drives positive change. We are seeking a Visual Media Manager to join our Communications team and lead the execution of video projects that align with our mission.
As a Visual Media Manager at Pratham, you will play a pivotal role in managing video projects from inception to completion, ensuring they meet our high standards of quality and impact. This role requires a unique combination of project management skills, hands-on experience in video production, and a deep understanding of the Development Sector. The video content produced is typically data-driven with a narrative that tells a cohesive story. To further understand the requirements and work better, visit Pratham’s YouTube channel.
Please note that this is a contract position valid for one year from the date of joining.
1. Project Management:
- Plan, execute, and oversee the entire lifecycle of video projects, from concept development to delivery, ensuring they are completed on time and within budget.
- Define project scope, objectives, and deliverables, and create detailed project plans.
- Gathering follow-up and clarifying information surrounding incoming video editing and shooting requests.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders.
2. Video Production Expertise
- Work as an individual contributor and be able to do independent shoots (planning the shoot, traveling to field, shooting, and editing) as and when needed.
- Use your knowledge in kinetic typography and vector animation and guide the in-house animator on motion graphic videos.
- Use your hands-on experience in video production to provide technical guidance and support to the production team.
- Collaborate with creative teams to ensure video content aligns with project objectives and meets quality standards.
3. Development Sector Knowledge
- Stay informed about the latest trends, issues, and developments in the Development Sector to guide video project strategies.
- Ensure that video content is aligned with the organization’s mission and contributes to positive change within the sector.
4. Quality Assurance
- Implement and maintain quality control processes to ensure that video projects meet or exceed company and industry standards.
- Review and approve video content, making sure it aligns with the project’s goals.
5. Team Leadership
- Delegate tasks, set project priorities, and monitor team progress to ensure successful project outcomes.
6. Resource Management
- Manage project budgets, allocate resources effectively, and optimize the use of available assets.
- Identify and mitigate project risks and issues in a timely manner.
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- 8-9 years prior relevant work experience
- Master's degree in a related field (e.g., Film Production, Communication, Development Studies).
- Highly Proficient in video editing software (we use Adobe Premiere Pro). Working proficiency in Adobe After Effects will be an advantage.
- Proficient in video editing tools.
- Proficient in English and Hindi
- Proficiency in languages other than Hindi and English will be an added advantage
- Should be open to travel extensively to Pratham’s field locations
- Proven experience in project management with a track record of successfully delivering video projects.
- Ability to manage shoots, coordinate with external vendors, supervise them/give direction as and when required
- Understand a brief from client/ donor/ internal teams and deliver given the objective
- Hands-on experience in video production, including shooting, editing, and post-production.
- A strong understanding of the Development Sector, its challenges, and opportunities.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- The ability to work effectively under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- An eye for detail and a commitment to producing high-quality content.
A personal laptop which can run editing and animation software easily. A minimum of 16GB RAM with an i7 processor will be the desired specification.
Job Title: Visual Media Manager
Employment Type: 1 year contract
Reports to: Head – Communications and would work closely with various program and State teams to help build effective visual communication.
How to Apply
If you are a driven and experienced Visual Media Manager with a passion for making a positive difference in the Development Sector, we encourage you to apply. Please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with Visual Media Manager – Communications in the subject line and also fill out this form with your details. The form should have:
1. Current Resume: Resume should contain
a. Contact Information of the Applicant
b. Technical Background
- Universities Attended, Degrees Acquired
- Past work experience, highlighting relevant skills
- Experiences in development, teaching and/or education (if applicable)
- Languages Spoken
2. Past work portfolio: Should include all the URLs of relevant work in the past
3. A cover letter
This is an immediate role and the applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis
Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Pratham is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Join us in our mission to create powerful video content that drives change and leaves a lasting impact. Apply today!