Pratham was founded in 1995, to provide pre-school education to children in Mumbai slums. Over the last 27 years, Pratham has grown to be one of the largest non-profit organizations working to provide quality education to children and youth in over 20 states and union territories across the country, through a range of interventions.
Pratham is a widely recognized organization, having received notable awards such as the Yidan Prize, Lui Che Woo Prize, WISE Prize for Innovation, Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, the Henry R Kravis Prize in Leadership, and the CNN-IBN Indian of the Year for Public Service. For more details, refer to www.pratham.org.
About the ENABLE Program
The National Education Policy (NEP) 2020 emphasizes the fundamental importance of universal foundational literacy and numeracy (FLN). But, children, especially those with special needs and disabilities, face significant barriers hindering their acquisition of foundational skills. In India, an estimated 7.8 million children and young individuals had disabilities in 2019. Alarmingly, a large proportion of them do not attend educational institutions, and 45% struggle to attain foundational literacy. ENABLE' or 'Equity in Accessing Numeracy And Basic Literacy Education', is a multi-pronged intervention to strengthen the quality of education for 3-9 year olds with disabilities. The 3 key objective of this program is to:
- Strengthen Government's mainstream service delivery mechanism to ensure foundational learning outcomes for learners with disabilities (LwD)
- Identify, address and overcome attitudinal barriers and stereotypes towards learners with disabilities in families and communities
- Facilitate partnership between relevant government departments, civil society, private sector and communities in support for learners with disabilities
We are looking to hire an Assessment Associate who will collaborate with various project units within Pratham and will be charged primarily to design educational assessments for inclusive education projects. We are looking for a candidate who is a self-starter, with a strong analytical and rational mindset, who should be able to navigate through ambiguity and find solutions for measurement challenges.
++++ means day to day high frequency tasks which may usually be process oriented
+++ means weekly tasks/milestones that may require a bit of cognitive load
++ means the task have to be accomplished once a month
+ means the task needs attention once per quarter that may require creativity, cognition etc.
- Engaging with project implementers to understand requirements (+++)
- Understanding ‘theory of change’ for projects and help in decision making process for stakeholders (+++)
- Analyzing textbooks and document competencies expected in target grades and subjects (++++)
- Creating assessment tasks, tools, formats, and training manuals based on project/programme goals (++++)
- Ensure that assessment tools are inclusive and accommodate various disabilities, allowing for fair and meaningful evaluation of students' abilities (++++)
- Participating in field piloting of tools and analyzing pilot data to understand broad trends and identify gaps in the assessment tool (++++)
- Leading training sessions for the team involved in implementation of assessment tools (++)
- Preparing reports documenting the process of tool design, tool development, tool administration, and the subsequent findings (++)
- Innovations in the field of educational assessments (++)
- Conceptualizing and building on existing research areas in educational assessments (++)
- Managing projects from conceptualization, budgeting, inception, implementation, reporting to closure (++)
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Interpersonal, communication , negotiation, literature review, information mining capabilities, web search
- Analytical, information filtering, reading comprehension, multitasking
- Analytical, Creativity, Data interpretation, writing (grammar etc.), self-learning , multitasking
- Clarity of thought, written articulation, web search, referencing(existing documents), multitasking
Analysis and documentation using logical framework, Concepts of educational assessments, Types of educational assessments, Advantages and trade-offs in implementing certain types of assessments
- Pedagogy, How learning happens, learning trajectories and pathways for learning (within a domain)
Content/ Subject knowledge, Item writing, Cognitive domains of learners, Assessment framework, Educational statistics and measurement(Basics), Educational psychology (Basics), Educational statistics and measurement (Basics to intermediate), Data analysis in MS excel/STATA etc.
Concepts of Educational assessments, Knowledge about inclusive education and children with disabilities
- Preferably Master's or Graduation in relevant fields (Education, Psychology, etc) with a minimum 2 to 3 years experience in a relevant profile.
- Willingness to promote innovation and adapt to change.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently, with a strong commitment to inclusivity and diversity.
- Willingness to travel.
Working Location: New Delhi
Deadline: 15th December 2023
Positions available: 1
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will reach out to you to set up the application process. To participate in the process, kindly submit the form available at https://forms.gle/Rnzh52x1cWCeTXxm7.
Your resume should contain –
- Contact information
- Academic background: Universities attended and degrees acquired with academic record (Marks or GPA, if applicable)
- Past work experience, highlighting relevant skills
- Relevant Coursework: List Courses in Development, Management, and Education
- Experiences in development, teaching and/or education (if applicable)
- Interest areas/hobbies
- Languages spoken
Note: Pratham is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workforce and consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability. We encourage individuals from underrepresented groups, especially persons with disabilities to apply.