Pratham was founded in 1995, to provide pre-school education to children in Mumbai slums. Over the last 27 years, Pratham has grown to be one of the largest non-profit organizations working to provide quality education to children and youth in over 20 states and union territories across the country, through a range of interventions.
Pratham is a widely recognized organization, having received notable awards such as the Yidan Prize, Lui Che Woo Prize, WISE Prize for Innovation, Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, the Henry R Kravis Prize in Leadership, and the CNN-IBN Indian of the Year for Public Service. For more details, refer to www.pratham.org.
About the ENABLE Program
The National Education Policy (NEP) 2020 emphasizes the fundamental importance of universal foundational literacy and numeracy (FLN). But, children, especially those with special needs and disabilities, face significant barriers hindering their acquisition of foundational skills. In India, an estimated 7.8 million children and young individuals had disabilities in 2019. Alarmingly, a large proportion of them do not attend educational institutions, and 45% struggle to attain foundational literacy. ENABLE’ or ‘Equity in Accessing Numeracy And Basic Literacy Education’, is a multi-pronged intervention to strengthen the quality of education for 3-9 year olds with disabilities. The 3 key objective of this program is to:
- Strengthen Government’s mainstream service delivery mechanism to ensure foundational learning outcomes for learners with disabilities (LwD)
- Identify, address and overcome attitudinal barriers and stereotypes towards learners with disabilities in families and communities
- Facilitate partnership between relevant government departments, civil society, private sector and communities in support for learners with disabilities
We are looking to hire talented and dynamic Inclusive Education Associates for our projects on inclusive education who will primarily provide support for curriculum development and training, along with engaging in research and advocacy. Individuals with passion and commitment for equitable and inclusive education are encouraged to apply.
++++ means day to day high frequency tasks which may usually be process oriented
+++ means weekly tasks/milestones that may require a bit of cognitive load
++ means the task have to be accomplished once a month
+ means the task needs attention once per quarter that may require creativity, cognition etc.
1) Inclusive Education Support
- Collaborate with curriculum specialists to adapt educational materials and methods and make them inclusive of diverse learning styles and abilities to ensure children with disabilities engage with the curriculum.
- Incorporate differentiated instruction strategies into curriculum materials to address diverse abilities and learning styles.
- Ensure curriculum content is accessible and adaptable to meet specific needs of each child through innovative integration of assistive technologies.
- Provide expertise on disability – theory, characteristics, policies, laws, etc, for program development.
- Develop strategies to bring policy into practice for children with disabilities.
2) Professional Development and Support
- Develop sensitization and training packages for diverse stakeholders (teachers, anganwadis, government officials, etc).
- Plan, develop, and deliver training programs, workshops, and professional development for teachers.
- Provide hands-on support to teachers in creating inclusive learning environments.
3) Research and Advocacy
- Engage in regular research to promote inclusive education.
- Develop intervention plans for children with disabilities, and support educators and other professionals.
- Maintain records and documentation of curriculum development, training sessions, and teacher support efforts.
- Regularly assess the effectiveness of curriculum materials and teacher training programs. Make necessary adjustments and enhancements based on evaluation results.
- Advocate for the rights and needs of children with disabilities and the promotion of inclusive education and gender diversity.
- Participate in conferences, workshops, and public events to share knowledge, promote inclusive education, and support the organization’s and project`s mission.
Required Skills and Knowledge
- The ability to collaboratively design inclusive curriculum for children.
- The ability to guide and mentor professionals and practitioners.
- Capacity to conduct research to develop packages for inclusive education.
- Proficiency in project management to ensure the successful execution of the program.
- Knowledge of curriculum design principles and the ability to work with educators, curriculum developers, and special education experts to create inclusive curricula.
- A deep understanding of inclusive education. An understanding of educational theories and philosophies is crucial.
- Expertise in research methodologies.
- Knowledge of project management principles and practices.
- Preferably Master’s in relevant fields (Disability Studies, Inclusive Education, Special Education) with a minimum experience of 2 to 3 years in a relevant profile.
- Willingness to promote innovation and adapt to change.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently, with a strong commitment to inclusivity and diversity.
- Willingness to travel.
Working Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra and New Delhi
Deadline: 15th December 2023
Positions available: 3
Please send the following to email@example.com. We will reach out to you to set up the application process. To participate in the process, kindly submit the form available at https://forms.gle/Rnzh52x1cWCeTXxm7.
Your resume should contain –
- Contact information
- Academic background: Universities attended and degrees acquired with academic record (Marks or GPA, if applicable)
- Past work experience, highlighting relevant skills
- Relevant Coursework: List Courses in Development, Management, and Education
- Experiences in development, teaching and/or education (if applicable)
- Interest areas/hobbies
- Languages spoken
Note: Pratham is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workforce and consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability. We encourage individuals from underrepresented groups, especially persons with disabilities to apply.