Pratham was founded in 1995, to provide pre-school education to children in Mumbai slums. Over the last 27 years, Pratham has grown to be one of the largest non-profit organizations working to provide quality education to children and youth in over 20 states and union territories across the country, through a range of interventions.
Pratham is a widely recognized organization, having received notable awards such as the Yidan Prize, Lui Che Woo Prize, WISE Prize for Innovation, Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, the Henry R Kravis Prize in Leadership, and the CNN-IBN Indian of the Year for Public Service. For more details, refer to www.pratham.org.
About the ENABLE Program
ENABLE' or 'Equity in Accessing Numeracy And Basic Literacy Education', is a multi-pronged intervention to strengthen the quality of education for 3-9 year olds with disabilities.
We are looking to hire a talented Illustrator to help us produce unique artwork for both print and digital publications. As an Illustrator, you will work closely with the project team, editors, and specialists to understand their requirements and effectively capture their target audience’s attention through captivating illustrations.
- Prepare rough drafts according to requirements
- Combine hand-drawing and painting with digital media to create complete illustrations
- Refine designs with illustration software
- Use various colors, graphics and effects to better visualize each concept
- Format images using computer-aided design (CAD) software
- Apply isometric techniques to add perspective to complex shapes
- Participate in design briefs with clients, editors and/or marketers to identify their needs
- Define time and budget limitations
- Ensure that printed illustrations meet quality and color standards
- Brainstorm with the design team to come up with new ideas, patterns and styles
- Stay up-to-date with new design techniques and software
- Ensure that illustrations meet accessibility standards
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to generate creative design idea which follow a logical pathway
- Bringing the project brand to life through logos, colors, typography, illustration, photography, graphic elements, and more
Ability to develop quick sketch work to convey design concepts, Ability to create hand drawn images to vector art
Software skills : Animation, Motion graphics, Ability to work on timeline softwares, Adobe movie
- Ability to create mockups
- In-depth understanding of MS Office tools, CorelDraw, Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe After Effects, and Sketch, Canva, Figma etc
- In-depth understanding on unique project branding guidelines
- Knowledge and use of relevant softwares
- Knowledge and previous experience on use of these softwares
Ability to use google search effectively, Knowledge of design vocabulary used to design images and designs, Ability to use AI will be an added advantage
- A Bachelor's degree in relevant fields (Design, Visual Arts, Graphic designing, Fine Arts etc)
- Minimum 2 to 3 years of work experience in relevant profiles.
- Willingness to promote innovation and adapt to change.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently, with a strong commitment to inclusivity and diversity.
- Ability to work under deadline pressure
Working Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra and New Delhi
Deadline: 15th December 2023
Positions available: 2 (1 in each location)
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will reach out to you to set up the application process. To participate in the process, kindly submit the form available at https://forms.gle/Rnzh52x1cWCeTXxm7.
Your resume should contain –
- Contact information
- Academic background: Universities attended and degrees acquired with academic record (Marks or GPA, if applicable)
- Past work experience, highlighting relevant skills
- Relevant Coursework: List Courses in Development, Management, and Education
- Experiences in development, teaching and/or education (if applicable)
- Interest areas/hobbies
- Languages spoken
Note: Pratham is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workforce and consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability. We encourage individuals from underrepresented groups, especially persons with disabilities to apply.