Pratham was founded in 1995, to provide pre-school education to children in Mumbai slums. Over the last 27 years, Pratham has grown to be one of the largest non-profit organizations working to provide quality education to children and youth in over 20 states and union territories across the country, through a range of interventions.
Pratham is a widely recognized organization, having received notable awards such as the Yidan Prize, Lui Che Woo Prize, WISE Prize for Innovation, Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, the Henry R Kravis Prize in Leadership, and the CNN-IBN Indian of the Year for Public Service. For more details, refer to www.pratham.org.
About the ENABLE Program
The National Education Policy (NEP) 2020 emphasizes the fundamental importance of universal foundational literacy and numeracy (FLN). But, children, especially those with special needs and disabilities, face significant barriers hindering their acquisition of foundational skills. In India, an estimated 7.8 million children and young individuals had disabilities in 2019. Alarmingly, a large proportion of them do not attend educational institutions, and 45% struggle to attain foundational literacy. ENABLE' or 'Equity in Accessing Numeracy And Basic Literacy Education', is a multi-pronged intervention to strengthen the quality of education for 3-9 year olds with disabilities. The 3 key objective of this program is to:
- Strengthen Government's mainstream service delivery mechanism to ensure foundational learning outcomes for learners with disabilities (LwD)
- Identify, address and overcome attitudinal barriers and stereotypes towards learners with disabilities in families and communitie
- Facilitate partnership between relevant government departments, civil society, private sector and communities in support for learners with disabilities
We are looking to hire a talented and dynamic Communications Manager to support and manage project communications. This role involves leadership, digital and social media expertise, event planning, and strategic communication, driving positive change through effective outreach.
++++ means day to day high frequency tasks which may usually be process oriented
+++ means weekly tasks/milestones that may require a planning and execution with the team
++ means the task have to be accomplished once a month
+ means the task needs attention once per quarter that may require creativity, cognition etc.
1) Communications Strategy and Support –
- Manage day-to-day project communications, through developing understanding of all activities related to the program. (++++)
- Support the development and implementation of a strategic communications plan, ensuring that communication efforts align with the project's overall goals and objectives. (+++)
- Support and manage the project teams in developing a framework for strategic communication by helping them to write/ edit blogs and publications and by providing feedback and guidance. (++)
- Organise a creative department, write a creative brief, create budgets and time-lines, research and determine appropriate media for particular branding and advocacy campaigns(+)
2) Communications through Digital and Social Media –
- Support in identifying relevant communications opportunities and creating, placing, and communicating content and messages. Developing, updating, and managing content across social media platforms on an ongoing basis. (++++)
- Thinking through, developing, and implementing important communications aspects and ensuring project activities and messages are clearly communicated to key audiences. (+++)
- Formulate communication packages that cut through jargon, crystallize key messages and strategically communicate with the intended audiences imperative to advancing program’s policy goals (+)
- Create engaging and informative content, including written materials, visuals, videos, and presentations, that effectively communicate the project's goals, achievements, and impact. (++++)
- Establish mechanisms to gather feedback and insights from stakeholders, using this information to improve project communication and implementation. (+)
3) Events and Campaigns –
- Collaborate with project teams to ensure that events and campaigns align with the program's objectives and messaging strategy. (++++)
- Collaborate with other organisations and institutions to amplify the project's reach and impact through joint communication efforts. (++++)
- Conceptualise, Plan and execute communication campaigns, workshops, seminars, and events that raise awareness about inclusive education, promote inclusivity, and foster community engagement. (++)
- Plan, conceptualise and execute events such as roundtables, conferences, podcasts (++)
- Monitor the impact of events and campaigns, making adjustments as needed to enhance their effectiveness. (++)
Required Skills and Knowledge
- The ability to guide, inspire, and lead the project team.
- Ability to condense information and translate those into action items and communication activities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to convey project messages effectively.
- Proficiency in social media platforms, content curation, and engagement strategies.
- Familiarity with digital tools and technologies relevant to communication.
- Creativity in developing engaging and informative events and campaigns.
- Strategic thinking to develop and implement a comprehensive communication strategy.
- Data visualisation and reporting skills to present findings effectively.
- Research skills
- Proficiency in using various social media platforms, including their algorithms, features, and trends.
- Expertise in developing and implementing comprehensive communication strategies.
- Understanding of legal and ethical considerations related to communication, including privacy, copyright, and intellectual property rights.
- Awareness and respect for cultural differences to ensure inclusivity in communication.
- Knowledge of theoretical frameworks and sets of conditions that describe how social challenges and changes occur
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing, or related field.
- Minimum 5+ years of leadership experience in communication roles, preferably in education or social advocacy.
- Portfolio of previous work
- Willingness to promote innovation and adapt to change.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently, with a strong commitment to inclusivity and diversity.
- Willingness to travel.
Working Location: New Delhi.
Deadline: 15th December 2023
Positions available: 1
Please send the following to email@example.com. We will reach out to you to set up the application process. To participate in the process, kindly submit the form available at https://forms.gle/Rnzh52x1cWCeTXxm7.
Your resume should contain –
- Contact information
- Academic background: Universities attended and degrees acquired with academic record (Marks or GPA, if applicable)
- Past work experience, highlighting relevant skills
- Relevant Coursework: List Courses in Development, Management, and Education
- Experiences in development, teaching and/or education (if applicable)
- Interest areas/hobbies
- Languages spoken
Note: Pratham is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workforce and consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability. We encourage individuals from underrepresented groups, especially persons with disabilities to apply.