Pratham was founded in 1995, to provide pre-school education to children in Mumbai slums. Over the last 27 years, Pratham has grown to be one of the largest non-profit organizations working to provide quality education to children and youth in over 20 states and union territories across the country, through a range of interventions.
Pratham is a widely recognized organization, having received notable awards such as the Yidan Prize, Lui Che Woo Prize, WISE Prize for Innovation, Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, the Henry R Kravis Prize in Leadership, and the CNN-IBN Indian of the Year for Public Service. For more details, refer to www.pratham.org.
About the ENABLE Program
The National Education Policy (NEP) 2020 emphasizes the fundamental importance of universal foundational literacy and numeracy (FLN). But, children, especially those with special needs and disabilities, face significant barriers hindering their acquisition of foundational skills. In India, an estimated 7.8 million children and young individuals had disabilities in 2019. Alarmingly, a large proportion of them do not attend educational institutions, and 45% struggle to attain foundational literacy. ENABLE' or 'Equity in Accessing Numeracy And Basic Literacy Education', is a multi-pronged intervention to strengthen the quality of education for 3-9 year olds with disabilities. The 3 key objective of this program is to:
1. Strengthen Government's mainstream service delivery mechanism to ensure foundational learning outcomes for learners with disabilities (LwD)
2. Identify, address and overcome attitudinal barriers and stereotypes towards learners with disabilities in families and communities
3. Facilitate partnership between relevant government departments, civil society, private sector and communities in support for learners with disabilities
We are looking to hire an Associate (Technology) for ENABLE, with the primary responsibility of exploring innovative and adaptable technology solutions. Pratham has been a pioneer in recognizing the importance of integrating technology into the education system for the betterment of all learners. To advance our ongoing efforts, the Technology Associate will develop MVP concepts, work closely with a software team, and foster innovation in project initiatives. This position offers a compelling chance to early career professionals to conceptualize solutions while acquiring high level skill in software development.
Key responsibilities :
1) Technology integration and implementation
● Support the integration of assistive technologies within the project's educational framework to cater to the diverse learning needs of children with disabilities.
● Conduct thorough assessments of the existing education technology systems, policies, and practices to identify gaps, challenges, and opportunities for strengthening the inclusion of children with disabilities.
● Engage in advocacy efforts to promote policy changes and reforms that advance the cause of inclusive education, and work to raise awareness about the rights and needs of children with disabilities within the education system.
● Support the distribution of relevant resources, materials, and information that promote inclusive education practices among teachers, administrators, and policymakers.
2) Training and Capacity Building
● Organize and facilitate training sessions and workshops for educators, parents, and students to enhance their digital literacy and the utilization of technology in the educational context.
● Provide technical training to relevant stakeholders on the maintenance, troubleshooting, and support of technology equipment and software used in the project.
3) Knowledge Development and Implementation
● Develop MVPs for technology solutions pertaining to program management, monitoring, evaluation, student support systems
● Identify and select appropriate educational technologies, software, and hardware that can enhance inclusive learning experiences for children with disabilities.
● Assess the individual needs of children with disabilities and recommend or customise assistive technologies that cater to their unique learning requirements.
● Develop wireframes for tech solutions, setup a webapp on localhost
● Demonstrate and advocate for various softwares with cross functional teams to meet the program objectives
Required Skills and Knowledge:
Advanced levels of proficiency in researching code bases (github etc.), open source solutions,app architectures, design patterns etc.
Advanced data analysis and management for decision-making
Work with No-code tools, write effective codes, business problem solving through software development
Ability to write software requirement documents from the business logic
- Knowledge of software/webapp/mobile app development and its dependencies
- In-depth understanding of data analytics and visualizations
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages,
- Experience with integrated development environments (IDEs), Knowledge of version control systems, such as Git, Web Development,
- Understanding of database systems, Building and consuming APIs, Knowledge of cloud computing platforms, Experience with containerization tools like Docker,
- Knowledge of edtech solutions and data systems workflows
Required Qualifications :
● Preferably Bachelor's or Master's in relevant fields (Technology, Computer Science) with a minimum 2 to 3 years experience in a relevant profile.
● Willingness to promote innovation and adapt to change.
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
● Ability to work collaboratively and independently, with a strong commitment to inclusivity and diversity.
● Ability to work under deadline pressure
● Willingness to travel.
Working Location: New Delhi.
Deadline: 31st January, 2024
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will reach out to you to set up the application process. To participate in the process, kindly submit the form available at https://forms.gle/Rnzh52x1cWCeTXxm7
Your resume should contain –
● Contact information
● Academic background: Universities attended and degrees acquired with academic record (Marks or GPA, if applicable)
● Past work experience, highlighting relevant skills
● Relevant Coursework: List Courses in Development, Management, and Education
● Experiences in development, teaching and/or education (if applicable)
● Interest areas/hobbies
● Languages spoken
Note: Pratham is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workforce and consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability. We encourage individuals from underrepresented groups, especially persons with disabilities to apply.