Pratham was founded in 1995, to provide pre-school education to children in Mumbai slums. Over the last 27 years, Pratham has grown to be one of the largest non-profit organizations working to provide quality education to children and youth in over 20 states and union territories across the country, through a range of interventions.
Pratham is a widely recognized organization, having received notable awards such as the Yidan Prize, Lui Che Woo Prize, WISE Prize for Innovation, Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, the Henry R Kravis Prize in Leadership, and the CNN-IBN Indian of the Year for Public Service. For more details, refer to www.pratham.org.
About the ENABLE Program
The National Education Policy (NEP) 2020 emphasizes the fundamental importance of universal foundational literacy and numeracy (FLN). But, children, especially those with special needs and disabilities, face significant barriers hindering their acquisition of foundational skills. In India, an estimated 7.8 million children and young individuals had disabilities in 2019. Alarmingly, a large proportion of them do not attend educational institutions, and 45% struggle to attain foundational literacy. ENABLE' or 'Equity in Accessing Numeracy And Basic Literacy Education', is a multi-pronged intervention to strengthen the quality of education for 3-9 year olds with disabilities. The 3 key objective of this program is to:
1. Strengthen Government's mainstream service delivery mechanism to ensure foundational learning outcomes for learners with disabilities (LwD)
2. Identify, address and overcome attitudinal barriers and stereotypes towards learners with disabilities in families and communities
3. Facilitate partnership between relevant government departments, civil society, private sector and communities in support for learners with disabilities
We are looking to hire a creative and dynamic videographer, with a passion for strong visual storytelling through professional photography and video documentation to reach large audiences and bring attention to the issues experienced by people, as well as the project's success. The role offers an opportunity to work independently and collaboratively and capture the journey of project output to impact and change.
Key responsibilities :
● Travel extensively to the project field and capture and use videos, photos, and other communication as a powerful storytelling tool to highlight the experiences, challenges, and achievements of children with disabilities benefiting from the project's inclusive education initiatives.
● Filming video on set and on location
● Working with creative teams and clients to plan video shoots
● Setting up and taking down cameras, microphones, lighting, props and other equipment
● Editing footage after recording
● Adding computer graphics, closed captioning and special effects to footage
● Preparing background film, also called B roll
● Collaborate with the communication team to create video content that can be disseminated through various channels, such as social media, websites, presentations, and training sessions, contributing to increased awareness and advocacy.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Creativity and attention to detail
- Technical acumen to be able to operate, configure, set up, and fix video, audio, lighting, or other production equipment
- Must know computerized tape editing software and equipment
- Can work in a variety of digital venues with software to edit and finish film work
- Understanding of visual aesthetics, narrative structure, and the ability to think outside the box.
- Knowledge of different types of cameras, lenses, and accessories, as well as how to set up and operate them effectively.
- Knowledge of video editing techniques, including cutting, transitions, color correction, audio mixing, and special effects.
- Familiarity with the entire digital video production workflow, from capturing raw footage to post-production, editing, and final delivery.
Required Qualifications :
● A Bachelor's degree or a Master`s in relevant fields (Film Making, Media and Culture Studies, Communication Design, etc)
● Preferably 2 to 3 years of work experience in relevant profiles. Freshers with strong credentials and interest in film making or capturing social impact can also apply.
● Ability to build rapport with people from various academic, socio-economic, and cultural backgrounds
● Willingness to promote innovation and adapt to change.
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
● Ability to work collaboratively and independently, with a strong commitment to inclusivity and diversity.
● Ability to work under deadline pressure
● Willingness to travel.
Working Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra or New Delhi (Note: this role will require extensive travel across the country).
Deadline: 31st January, 2024
Please send the following to email@example.com. We will reach out to you to set up the application process. To participate in the process, kindly submit the form available at https://forms.gle/Rnzh52x1cWCeTXxm7
Your resume should contain –
● Contact information
● Academic background: Universities attended and degrees acquired with academic record (Marks or GPA, if applicable)
● Past work experience, highlighting relevant skills
● Relevant Coursework: List Courses in Development, Management, and Education
● Experiences in development, teaching and/or education (if applicable)
● Interest areas/hobbies
● Languages spoken
Note: Pratham is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workforce and consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability. We encourage individuals from underrepresented groups, especially persons with disabilities to apply.