Pratham was founded in 1995, to provide pre-school education to children in Mumbai slums. Over the last 25 years, Pratham has grown to be one of the largest non-profit organizations working to provide quality education to children and youth in over 20 states and union territories across the country, through a range of interventions.
Pratham is a widely recognized organization, having received notable awards such as the Lui Che Woo Prize, WISE Prize for Innovation, Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, the Henry R Kravis Prize in Leadership and the CNN-IBN Indian of the Year for Public Service. For more details, refer to www.pratham.org.
About this role:
This position will hold responsibility for the overall people management at state/project level. Detailed responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following broad areas:
● Carrying out recruitment process as per program requirement
● Organizing resumes, scheduling tests and interviews, assisting in interviews
● Conducting background and reference checks
● Carrying out induction process for new staff
● Updating staff details in software (ERP)and maintaining the employee files/folders
● Issuing offer letter and appointment letter
● Maintaining attendance and leave records of the staff
● Completing contract termination paperwork and assisting with exit interviews
● Completing ex-employee verifications
● Preparing MIS reports related to HR
● Effective implementation of HR policies and processes
● Conducting regular training for all staff on organizational policies and processes
● Coordination with central, state and field teams
● Maintaining records related to grievances, disciplinary actions, performance feedback etc
● Help the staff to avail welfare benefits under various schemes
● Understanding the concerns of staff and help in resolving the same
● Any other work allocated by the reporting officer
This position is required to report to the State / Program Head and Lead, Human Resources.
Qualifications and Experience
Educational / Professional Qualifications:
● College degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field or diploma in Human Resources
● Proficient with MS Office, including word, excel and PowerPoint.
● Proficiency in spoken and written English or Hindi and regional language
● Willingness to learn and adapt to changing environment
● Ability to listen patiently and being non-judgmental
● Building trust-based relationships with the staff
● Ability to build rapport with people and work well with diverse teams
● Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills
● Good training skills
● Strong work ethic and attention to detail
● Ability to organize, prioritize and work independently
● Experience in a similar position/role of 3-4 years at least will be an added advantage
Pratham teams work in rural areas therefore willingness to travel with the state and to other Pratham offices for this position is essential.
Location:: Chhattisgarh and Mumbai
Last date to apply: 31 January 2024
Please send the CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention “Senior Associate, Human Resource” in the subject. We will reach out to you to set up the application process. Due to the high volume of applications, we may not be able to respond to all applicants.
Resume should contain:
● Contact information for applicant
● Academic background
o Universities attended; degrees acquired
o Academic record
o Past work experience if any, highlighting relevant skills
o Languages proficiency