Pratham was founded in 1995 to provide preschool education to children in the slums of Mumbai. Over the last 28 years, Pratham has grown to be one of India’s largest NGOs, working to provide quality education to underprivileged children and youth in over 21 states and union territories across the country with a range of interventions.
Pratham is a widely recognized organization, having received notable awards such as the Yidan Prize, Lui Che Woo Prize, WISE Prize for Innovation, Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, the Henry R Kravis Prize in Leadership, and the CNN-IBN Indian of the Year for Public Service. For more details, refer to www.pratham.org
About Pratham Digital
Pratham started its digital intervention in 2015 with the Hybrid Learning Programme in about 1000 villages all over India. This was followed by the YouthNet Programme in 2020 in 20,000+ communities for youth from the areas served by the 100+ Pratham Vocational and Youth Training Centres across India. This was done to scale up the learnings from the Hybrid Learning Program.
YouthNet is an education and mentorship-based program that provides learning opportunities to youth aged between 14-25 years in the domains of School, Life, and Work. The digital learning material (videos, reading material, games, and assessments) created under the Digital Initiative for different age groups is available on the website – prathamopenschool.org and other platforms in 14 Indian Regional Languages and English.
Content Developer, Code Club, Pratham Digital
Computational thinking skills are essential for people in the 21st century as it has an ever-increasing significance in all aspects of our daily lives. All children, irrespective of their background, should have an equal opportunity to learn skills such as coding and use digital technology to solve problems that matter for themselves and their communities, express themselves creatively, and be prepared for the increasingly ever-evolving digital world.
Pratham has introduced children and youth from low-resource communities to the basic concepts of computational thinking (CT), such as decomposition, abstraction, algorithms, and pattern recognition, and taught them the fundamentals of coding through Scratch and HTML/CSS.
We are looking for a young, energetic, and motivated person to join our team who can support the project with his/her technical knowledge and skills. He/she would be responsible for developing content and piloting it in communities.
Role and Responsibilities
- Support in content development, design, and curation for various programming tools for youth and children
- Capacity building of trainers to deliver content
- Facilitate technical training for field representatives and youth in a virtual or physical environment
- Collate and document content-related observations
- Assist and support the program and operations teams with technical issues
This position is required to report to the Learning Designer, Creativity Club.
Skills and Qualifications required
- Bachelors/Master’s degree in IT/CS/or similar field
- Experience in online or offline training is preferred
- Familiarity with Libraries and Frameworks such as Jquery and Bootstrap
- Knowledge of Responsive Web Designing
- Familiarity with online tools like Zoom, Google Slides, Google Spreadsheets, etc
- Demonstrable skill for effective communication with multiple stakeholders
- The learning curve for improving content delivery
- Ability to write engaging reports and stories
- Fluency in Hindi and English
- Fluency in one or more regional languages will be an added advantage
Location: Pune, Mumbai
Application Process: Interested candidates should send their current resume to email@example.com with cc to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Application for the Position of Content Developer_ Code Club”
A resume should contain:
- Contact details of the Applicant
- Academic Background
- Universities attended, Degrees/ Diplomas/ Certificates acquired
- Academic Record (marks or GPA, if applicable)
- Past Work experience, highlighting relevant skills
- Experiences in development, teaching, and/or education (if applicable)
- Languages spoken