Pratham was founded in 1995, to provide pre-school education to children in Mumbai slums. Over the last 27 years, Pratham has grown to be one of the largest non-profit organizations working to provide quality education to children and youth in over 20 states and union territories across the country, through a range of interventions.
Pratham is a widely recognized organization, having received notable awards such as the Yidan Prize, Lui Che Woo Prize, WISE Prize for Innovation, Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, the Henry R Kravis Prize in Leadership, and the CNN-IBN Indian of the Year for Public Service. For more details, refer to www.pratham.org
About this role:
Detailed responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following broad areas:
A. Training and Development: Capacity building of Trainers and Ustaads
● Creating a skill assessment framework for assessing skill level women garments stitching (basic to advanced), different artworks (patchwork, designs, pattern making) etc.
● Create training programs to upskill their stitching, artwork, etc skills. This will include
○ Developing of training content
○ Designing training delivery methodology to train women (in-person and virtual)
○ Designing assessment framework to assess the skill level after training
○ Conduct expert sessions about training and new product
● Create TOT programs to skill and upskill existing trainers and Ustaads for new products training, upskilling, design etc
● Creating technical selection criteria and assessment framework for onboarding tailoring entrepreneur or worker
B. New Product Development
● Design a catalog of products (5-10 products with varieties) that can be made by women with basic tailoring skills. This includes product design and sampling or prototyping, product making process and quality check framework.
C. At all times he/she shall be conscious-of and promote ‘Gender Sensitivity’ and ‘Gender Equality’ in all means of communication ( like verbal, non-verbal, written, etc.) and actions, in official premises, on field or while interacting with trainees, staff, community stakeholders, Govt. organizations, other organizations or entities.
D. Ensuring that Center operations are aligned with the following :-
a) HR Compliances like adherence to Antisexual Harassment policy, Funds, Insurance policy enforcement, Code of Conduct etc.
b) Adherence to Legal Compliances like Rent agreement, Food vendor agreement, Offer letters, etc.
This position is required to report to the Program Head.
Qualifications and Experience
● Minimum Qualification: Minimum Graduation, Diploma or Degree program in a field related to textile and apparel will be an advantage.
● Experience Criteria: Prior experience will be preferred. Freshers can apply. It is recommended to carry your work / product samples. Experience in creating market linkages for women made products will be helpful.
● Traveling: The role will require traveling to multiple locations across India for training and program implementation. All outstation and training visits will be reimbursed. This excludes daily travel from home to office.
● Data: Maintain and verify data for training and assessment. Laptop will be provided.
● No work from home
● Excellent technical knowledge and skill like proficiency in Microsoft word, ppt and excel
● Willingness to learn and adapt to a changing environment.
● Ability to listen patiently and be non-judgmental.
● Building trust-based relationships with the staff.
● Ability to build rapport with people and work well with diverse teams.
● Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
● Good training skills.
● Strong work ethic and attention to detail.
● Ability to organize, prioritize and work independently.
● Experience in a similar position/role will be an added advantage.
Pratham teams work in rural areas therefore willingness to travel with the state and to other Pratham offices for this position is essential.
Location: Kurla East, Mumbai, Maharashtra
Remuneration CTC: INR 25,000 (negotiable for those with good experience in product design and training)
Please send the CV to Komal Bamane (email@example.com) and Rani Sharma (firstname.lastname@example.org). We will reach out to you to set up the application process. Due to the high volume of applications, we may not be able to respond to all applicants.
Resume should contain:
● Contact information for applicant
● Academic background
o Universities attended & degrees acquired
o Other academic record
● Past work experience if any, highlighting relevant skills
● Languages proficiency