Pratham was founded in 1995, to provide pre-school education to children in Mumbai slums. Over the last 27 years, Pratham has grown to be one of the largest non-profit organizations working to provide quality education to children and youth in over 20 states and union territories across the country, through a range of interventions.
Pratham is a widely recognized organization, having received notable awards such as the Yidan Prize, Lui Che Woo Prize, WISE Prize for Innovation, Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, the Henry R Kravis Prize in Leadership, and the CNN-IBN Indian of the Year for Public Service. For more details, refer to www.pratham.org.
About the ENABLE Program
The National Education Policy (NEP) 2020 emphasizes the fundamental importance of universal foundational literacy and numeracy (FLN). But, children, especially those with special needs and disabilities, face significant barriers hindering their acquisition of foundational skills. In India, an estimated 7.8 million children and young individuals had disabilities in 2019. Alarmingly, a large proportion of them do not attend educational institutions, and 45% struggle to attain foundational literacy. ENABLE’ or ‘Equity in Accessing Numeracy And Basic Literacy Education’, is a multi-pronged intervention to strengthen the quality of education for 3-9 year olds with disabilities. The 3 key objective of this program is to:
- Strengthen Government’s mainstream service delivery mechanism to ensure foundational learning outcomes for learners with disabilities (LwD)
- Identify, address and overcome attitudinal barriers and stereotypes towards learners with disabilities in families and communities
- Facilitate partnership between relevant government departments, civil society, private sector and communities in support for learners with disabilities
1) Technology integration and implementation
- Support the integration of assistive technologies within the project’s educational framework to cater to the diverse learning needs of children with disabilities.
- Conduct thorough assessments of the existing education systems, policies, and practices to identify gaps, challenges, and opportunities for strengthening the inclusion of children with disabilities.
- Engage in advocacy efforts to promote policy changes and reforms that advance the cause of inclusive education, and work to raise awareness about the rights and needs of children with disabilities within the education system.
- Support the distribution of relevant resources, materials, and information that promote inclusive education practices among teachers, administrators, and policymakers.
2) Training and Capacity Building
- Organize and facilitate training sessions and workshops for educators, parents, and students to enhance their digital literacy and the utilization of technology in the educational context.
- Provide technical training to relevant stakeholders on the maintenance, troubleshooting, and support of technology equipment and software used in the project.
3) Knowledge Development and Implementation
- Research into the possible effects of new and emerging technology on the delivery and consumption of financial information including likely impact on standard-setting
- Identify and select appropriate educational technologies, software, and hardware that can enhance inclusive learning experiences for children with disabilities.
- Assess the individual needs of children with disabilities and recommend or customise assistive technologies that cater to their unique learning requirements.
- Integrate multimedia elements such as videos, interactive simulations, and audio materials to cater to diverse learning styles.
- Ensure that digital content, including e-learning materials and resources, is designed with accessibility features to accommodate a wide range of disabilities.
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Advanced levels of proficiency in developing and implementing technology-integrated solutions, which are accessible and affordable
- Advanced data analysis and management for decision-making
- Proficient with Technology and innovation in education and/or accessibility realms
- Proficient in communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of technology in education field
- In-depth understanding of analytics
- Understanding of technology development
- Understanding of conflict resolution, people management
- Preferably Bachelor’s or Master’s in relevant fields (Technology, Computer Science) with a minimum 2 to 3 years experience in a relevant profile.
- Willingness to promote innovation and adapt to change.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently, with a strong commitment to inclusivity and diversity.
- Ability to work under deadline pressure
- Willingness to travel.
Working Location: New Delhi.
Deadline: 15th December 2023
Positions available: 1
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will reach out to you to set up the application process. To participate in the process, kindly submit the form available at https://forms.gle/Rnzh52x1cWCeTXxm7.
Your resume should contain –
- Contact information
- Academic background: Universities attended and degrees acquired with academic record (Marks or GPA, if applicable)
- Past work experience, highlighting relevant skills
- Relevant Coursework: List Courses in Development, Management, and Education
- Experiences in development, teaching and/or education (if applicable)
- Interest areas/hobbies
- Languages spoken
Note: Pratham is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workforce and consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability. We encourage individuals from underrepresented groups, especially persons with disabilities to apply.