Pratham was founded in 1995, to provide pre-school education to children in Mumbai slums. Over the last 25 years Pratham has grown to be one of the largest non-profit organizations working to provide quality education to children and youth in over 20 states and union territories across the country, through a range of interventions.
Pratham is a widely recognized organization, having received notable awards such as the Lui Che Woo Prize, WISE Prize for Innovation, Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, the Henry R Kravis Prize in Leadership and the CNN-IBN Indian of the Year for Public Service. For more details, refer to www.pratham.org
About the Project
Pratham in partnership with Reliance Foundation is aiming towards improving the quality of Early Childhood Education of Anganwadis in the district of Thane, Maharashtra. This collaborative intervention will include the development of Anganwadi labs which will serve as resource centers for anganwadis in the sector, training and community engagement.
About Roles & responsibilities
• Planning and budgeting support: Supporting the states/program heads in planning, budgeting at the beginning of each year. This step will include ensuring that the implementation plan and budgets are in line with what has been agreed on with the donor.
• Ongoing operations support: This will involve regular liaison and communication with state/program and central teams with respect to the emerging needs and demands at any point of time and facilitating processes through proposals, reports, internal coordination, communication, documentation and planning. The Associate will also continuously collaborate with relevant teams across the organization (content, M&E, finance etc.) as required to ensure smooth operations and timely implementation.
• Program tracking and financial management: Planning will need to be followed up with regular tracking of progress against plan. Financial management will comprise of ensuring that expenditure on the ground is as per plans and any deviations are being recorded and managed in an efficient manner.
• Internal reports and documentation: The Associate will be responsible for creating any internal reports and documentation of various activities to build internal knowledge on program implementation.
• Others: The Associate may be needed to handle relations with the government as a member of the central office of Pratham. Other advocacy related functions such as liaison with other NGOs, partners etc. may be required on the part of the Associate.
• Proposal creation: The Associate will be responsible for the creation of proposals for new potential donors. This will include defining objectives, conceptualizing models of implementation, designing implementation timelines, budgeting, designing reporting cycles, etc. in discussion with senior management and program/state heads.
• Regular reporting and communication: The Associate will be the primary organizational touchpoint for the donor and will be responsible for creating regular reports on progress of the project and engage in periodic conversations with the donor on program updates and future planning.
• Other functions: This includes facilitating visits for donors and any other form of communication with them.
• Support the project teams in developing strategic communications such as blogs, publications
• Developing, updating and managing content across social media platforms on an ongoing basis.
• Create engaging and informative content, including written material, visuals, videos, presentation, that effectively communicate the project goals, achievements, and impact.
• Collecting and curating impactful content from the field on a daily basis
• 1-3 years prior work experience in a similar role in private sector firms, NGOs or foundations
• Willingness to travel regularly and extensively in rural areas of Maharashtra, with limited amenities
• Ability to build rapport with people from various different academic, socio-economic and cultural backgrounds
• Ability to communicate in Marathi, Hindi or at least 1-2 other regional languages
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills
• Ability to work well in teams and on tasks ranging from simple to complex
• Ability to adapt to dynamic contexts and scenarios
• Self-motivation and proactiveness
• Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks efficiently
• Strong work ethic and attention to detail
• Ability to take initiative to support processes in an unstructured or ambiguous environment
• Keeping oneself constantly updated on the broader educational context in assigned states and in India
•Willingness to work till the completion of the project
• Exposure to the non-profit sector through previous experience or otherwise
• Coursework in international development or management
• Experience living and working in a developing country
Location: Thane, Maharashtra
Remuneration: 55, 000 – 65,000 (based on prior experience)
Kindly Fill up the Google form https://forms.gle/khSjqLzUazWjUsyq8 We will reach out to you to set up the application process. Due to the high volume of applications, we may not be able to respond to all applicants
1. Current Resume: Resume should contain
• Contact Information for Applicant
• Academic Background
o Universities Attended, Degrees Acquired
o Academic Record (Marks or GPA, if applicable)
o Past work experience, highlighting relevant skills
o Relevant Coursework: List Courses in Development, Management, and Education
o Experiences in development, teaching and/or education (if applicable)
o Languages Spoken
2. Statement of Purpose – Why are you fit for this opportunity? (500 Words)
How does this role align to your interests and career aspirations? (300 words)