Pratham Education Foundation (‘Pratham’) is an innovative learning organization with a mission of “every child in school and learning well”. More than twenty years ago, Pratham’s work began with pre-schools in the urban slums of Mumbai, Today Pratham has grown both in scope and geographical coverage. Currently, Pratham has activities in 23 states and UTs and implements programs that include activities for pre-school and elementary school age groups, dropout girls and women as well as vocational skilling programs for youth. As one of the largest non-governmental organizations in the country, Pratham focuses on high-quality, low-cost, and replicable interventions to address gaps in the education system.
The mission to improve the quality of education in India and ensure that all children not only attend but also thrive in school is being accomplished by working in collaboration with the government, local communities, parents, teachers, volunteers, and civil society members. Our programs aim to supplement rather than replace governmental efforts. They are implemented on a large scale to not only reach as many children as possible, but also to enable an adoptable demonstration model for governments and other partners. For more details, refer to www.pratham.org
About the Team
In the last couple of years, Pratham has reached more than 20 million children across 22 states and UTs through wide ranging education-focused programs. The Measurement, Monitoring and Evaluation Team (MME), established in 2013, has played an integral role in ensuring that Pratham, its partners in the community and government have analytically and effectively acted upon using data generated from these programs. During unprecedented school closures due to CoVID, the team swiftly innovated its approach to collect data remotely, thereby continuing to inform program strategy, content, and implementation decisions.
The MME team has built and sustained a culture of data-backed decision making within Pratham and its partners. The central team works closely with ~60 state MME associates to ensure rigorous and timely implementation of data systems and processes in the field. While constantly strengthening, streamlining measurement at Pratham, the next major goal for the team is to extend its know-how to other non-profits, social enterprises, government data teams, and CSR functions to bring out maximum value from the data they generate.
We are a young, competitive team from diverse professional organizations.
Roles and Responsibilities
We are looking for self-driven professionals who can work in a fast-changing environment and can create lasting impact using data and insights. We want individuals who want to: get their hands dirty, break down dynamic real-world problems, ask tough questions and build practical solutions to drive the team and organization forward. At MME, we believe in giving end-to-end ownership of one or more programs, where we expect you to:
- Understand field realities and data requirements.
- Conceptualize and drive measurement & monitoring frameworks.
- Design and roll out data collection systems.
- Analyze and visualize data that drives decisions at all levels.
- Inform program strategy and drive efficient implementation.
- Undergraduate degree or higher in any field (Engineers, Social Sciences, Math, Stats is preferred)
Skills and Experience
- Minimum 2 year of work experience (preferably in a data and analytics centric role)
- Demonstrated interest and/or experience in data analysis, with the ability to analyse complex information, extract insights, and use them to inform strategic decisions and programmatic approaches will be preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Hindi is essential.
- Proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint is essential.
- Basic knowledge of Tableau, SQL, R is preferred.
- Willingness to travel to various locations to gain a firsthand understanding of ground realities, collaborate with team members, and contribute to MME initiatives.
Email your resume and a short note on your motivation to apply to this position to email@example.com by 29th February 2024. The position is based in New Delhi with travel across the states.