Pratham was founded in 1995, to provide pre-school education to children in Mumbai slums. Over the last 25 years, Pratham has grown to be one of the largest non-profit organizations working to provide quality education to children and youth in over 20 states and union territories across the country, through a range of interventions.
Pratham is a widely recognized organization, having received notable awards such as the Lui Che Woo Prize, WISE Prize for Innovation, Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, the Henry R Kravis Prize in Leadership and the CNN-IBN Indian of the Year for Public Service. For more details, refer to www.pratham.org.
About Pratham’s Government Partnership Programs
In several states across India, Pratham supports state or district administrations in strengthening the education system at scale, for different age groups across pre-primary & primary grades. Pratham’s support includes but is not limited to creation of curriculums and content planners, training of teachers / anganwadi workers, creation of assessment tools and measurement & evaluation systems, and support to state governments in budgeting.
The Communications & Advocacy State Associate (CASA) will be a member of a Pratham’s state unit and will support the state-wide government partnership program running in the state. Several key program documents are regularly needed in Pratham’s government partnership programs – presentations on program plans, updated reports to government or donors, minutes of important meetings, etc. – the CASA will be responsible for the creation of such key program documents. The CASA will also get exposure to and the opportunity to contribute to all facets of a state-wide government partnership project – content creation/curriculum design, training, field implementation, budgeting, and monitoring & evaluation.
- Creation of key program documents required as part of government partnership programs – e.g., minutes of meetings, and presentations to report weekly/monthly progress which capture Pratham’s initiatives in the state for advocacy purposes
- Supporting state/program head in coordinating with government officials to plan program implementation or present Pratham’s requirements
- Support in video documentation of Pratham’s initiatives in the state to show as proof-of-concept of interventions to governments and other partners
- Creation of case studies and other documents as expected by donors and other partners
- Regular program visits to learn and capture program learnings and progress
- Additional support to state team leadership in the program as needed – in content creation/curriculum design, training, budgeting, monitoring & evaluation, etc.
- Undergraduate degree or higher, preferably in Social Sciences, Development Studies, or Public Policy
- 1-3 years of work experience, preferably in the social sector
- Strong interest in working in the education sector
- Exceptional communication skills (written & oral) in English and the regional language (Hindi, Punjabi, or Telugu, depending on the location)
- Openness to working in an unstructured and dynamic work environment with a wide variety of tasks & responsibilities
- Willingness to travel to field locations at short notice
Panchkula (Haryana), Ludhiana (Punjab), Vijayawada (Andhra Pradesh), Patna (Bihar)
INR 25,000 -40,000 (depending on relevant work experience)
If you are interested in the above role, please send:
(i) Your CV,
(ii) The work locations you would be working in (out of the 4 options mentioned above),
(iii) A short cover letter explaining why you are interested in the above role and why you would be the right candidate for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention ‘Application for the position of ‘Communications & Advocacy State Associate’ in the subject line by 30 September 2023.